When are your Service Times?
Sunday mornings @ 10 a.m and we'll be starting a 7pm evening service soon.
Where are you located?
135 Woodfield Drive, Ottawa, ON K2G 0A1 (Between Merivale and Woodroffe, just north of Hunt Club)
What should I wear?
There is no dress code at NBC. You'll typically find guys wearing everything fromjeans to khakis, polo to t-shirts, or suits and ties.. Ladies generally wear pants, skirts or dresses. Most importantly, we look forward to seeing you, not what you're wearing.
What is there for my children?
Click here to learn more about what we offer for children.
How many people does the sanctuary seat?
Our sanctuary seats around 150 people and we have a fellowship area that's just about as big.
When do you hold Communion?
We typically hold Communion on the first Sunday morning of the month. We welcome those who profess the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior to receive Communion.
When can I expect when I come to a worship service?
Attending a Sunday morning worship service is the best way to learn more about Nepean Baptist Church, but here's something to help when you you choose to come visit us.
- We have a parking area at the front of the building with handicap parking near the sidewalk ramp to the door. If you choose to come by bus #156, there is a bus stop in front of our building.
- When you come inside you will find some greeters with friendly smiles and a copy of the week's bulletin for you. They can help you find anything you need.
- There is nursery care for age 0-2 in a special room in the back. Children aged 3-6 will be dismissed for children's church before the sermon.
- There is usually music or a video playing before service, so feel free to get to know some people, or just sit and prepare yourself for the service. We usually begin with a time of singing, praise, and worship -- followed by prayers and a greeting time where everyone in the church wanders around shaking hands and saying hello. After that comes the offering and the sermon. (To get a taste of what the sermons are like click here) We usually close in a song and the pastor pronounces a benediction.
- After service we usually have coffee and snacks ready for those who want to stick around and get to know each other better, chat for a while, or who are getting ready to go to their class.
- There are a few class options: 1. Sunday School for ages 7-12 (based on the "NBC Kid's Bulletin"). 2. The Foundations Course (An adult class giving a basic orientation to the Christian faith) 3. Adult Discussion Time (Pastor Fred leads a discussion on the sermon topic, the bible, and other questions that come up) -- [[Childcare for children aged 0-6 will be provided.]]
What do you have available during the week?
We encourage everyone in the church to get into a weekly small group. They meet in many places around the city and are on different days of the week. Our desire is that everyone would be a part of a small group of people who know, love, support, encourage, and hold them accountable. For more information on small groups click here.
Where can I find links to the various classes and resources I've heard about?
We have a Resource Page where we are always adding new and important content.
Do you have any other questions?
If you have any more questions, please contact us.